SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 GPU: Low power, low profile, single slot

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Nice review. Been brainstorming how I'm gonna upgrade my comp next and this helps big time.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I was pleasantly surprised that a $99 small form factor card could play BF3 and do it while looking good.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Hmm... looks like a good candidate to upgrade my little Shuttle box.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I'm pretty damn impressed. Definitely worth consideration for budget rigs or more importantly HTPC's and similar small-footprint desktops.
  • edited November 2011
    anyone know when it will be available to buy in Europe?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Sapphire sells most of their volume in Europe, so I imagine it won't be too long, now. Komplett, Scan, etc.
  • Sweet! I was wondering if this needed much power, I guess not. I will get this for my Gateway SX2370-UB30P :D I will be playing skyrim like a boss
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    IGN is reporting that the new XBox will have a GPU that's roughly equivalent to the 6670. Today's budget chip is tomorrow's argument for consoles being superior to PCs.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Well, on the PC side the 6670 can certainly handle 1080p output with some details turned up. I'd imagine that with enough code optimization the GPU would be able to put out some pretty amazing graphics.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I can't wait to tell fanboys my Crossfired 5770s are like two Xbox 720s duct-taped together. Which, according to IGN's math, is roughly 12x as powerful as a Xbox 360.